Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm blogging

Have you ever seen on facebook or twitter people put things such as 'I'm walking up the stairs.' or 'Got to do homework.' Things like that. Well right now I'm blogging. Why you say? To be quite frank I am doing something I want to do in the midst of wedding preparations; so you could say this is stolen time. Okay so I'm listening to Come Alive by BarlowGirl so I am doing a little head bobbing right now. But anyway what is the purpose for my blogging? Is it to spend some time for me? Or to focus on me? Or how about to let everyone know what I am doing? Okay deep probing question coming! How much of my time do I focus on me? Too Much! That's how much. What would you answer to; am I more important than other people? Certainly not. But deep down inside do you think more of yourself than others? I know that I do. In each human being is a sense of self interests first. That is because we are human it is human nature as my mom would say. But does that make it right? Absolutely not. As a Christian I am to deny myself pick up my cross and follow Jesus. Denying myself is not fun but it is what Jesus not asked told us to do. You may not know how to deny yourself. What takes most of my time? Well lots of things but mainly books. Reading books can be a good thing depending on the material it can be a dangerous thing but that is another subject for another time. If books take away from glorifying God by distracting me from my duties and obligations as a daughter of Christ and a daughter of my earthly father then which should fall out? Books. If books take me away from enjoying my family or cause me to not have interest in things important to my little brothers which should lose out? You know the answer by now (at least you should). Now this does not extend only to books anything that takes your time away from things of the Lord and your family can be damaging. Remember that Jesus died for you but that is not all. We are saved if we repent and believe in Him but we are called to continue in God's way to read our Bibles and to grow nearer to God and what he wants from us. Don't just take my word for it read it for yourself!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing that Em. :-)

Amanda said...

Thought provoking and quite convicting, Emmy-Lou! : )