Saturday, September 28, 2013

What does writing mean to me?

      What does writing mean to me? To me, writing is an outpouring of my imagination. To me it is a way to reach many people, to share what God has placed in my head and heart. 'If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.' ~Lord Byron. Writing is a way to express what is in your heart and mind. Writing is not only an expression, it is a tool. What you write can do good, or bring harm. Like words spoken in anger, once you write them and put them out for others to see, they can not easily be taken back or forgotten. As a person I must be careful to pick and choose what I say I must even go so far as to rein in my thoughts; 'bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,' a part of 2 Corinthians 10:5 As a writer I must be equally careful of what I say when I 'put pen to page,' or fingers to keyboard as the case may be. 
   Do I always do this? Yeah, no in either case. Let's face it, I'm not perfect; and in this life I never will be. But I must always 'strive toward a larger goal,' ~Les Miserables (Okay now I keep singing in my head.) Benjamin Franklin said, 'Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing.' I think that if I could not write I might go mad, as Lord Byron said. Does writing come naturally to me? I think so but that doesn't mean it comes easily. Many times it is difficult and I struggle, especially with poetry. But does that mean I will stop writing all together? Never. It would be inconceivable! Literally, I cannot conceive not writing, at least while I'm still single that is. So, yeah, writing is very important to me. I don't just want to write, I want to write well.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
Benjamin Franklin
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/benjamin_franklin.html#B65580vq9gVkecwo.9'

No comments: